1. Your LiveJournal "user name": Gerbie
Explain what it means: It's fairly simple. My real name can't be pronounced properly in English, or any other foreign language. Hence I had to pick something years ago. Herbie was a suggeestion, I got my initial back into it.
2. The "name" that you chose to use (if not your USER name): Gerben
3. Explain how you picked / why you selected the user picture(s) that you have? Coincidence. Whatever I like at the time.
- The Stats -
4. Date of survey (because things will change as soon as you finish it): .26 Jan 2002
Account type: early user
Friends (#): fifty odd
Friend of (#): 44
Communities (#): 30
Journal entries: Three hundred something
Comments posted: plenty
Received: Not enough
Date created: 10 july 2000
- Your Journal -
5. Why do you have a journal page? I'm not sure. To try out idea's? To get some on-line discussions going?
6. Why did you pick LiveJournal (LJ) over another service or handwriting? Handwriting I can't keep up. Other services I don't know, I just happen to bump into LJ.
7. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are? 6, for a good reader probably 7.
8. How do you think your LJ represents you the most...
Intellectually: fairly accurate
Sexually: usually not in LJ, therefore not at all.
Religiously: fairly accurate. If you've read well at least.
Artistically: If at all, then this is the most accurate one.
9. How much about your life do you post to LJ? 20%, wild guess.
Is there anything you refuse to post about? Plenty. Do others want to read everything? Do I want my life to be an open book for others. Both: I think not. So, it's not really about refusing, it's about writing what I want.
10. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others? Depending on the entries, varying from 3 to 9. Not that I'm bothered that much. It is MY journal.
11. From who/how did you find out about LJ? By accident. I found a link and followed it.
12. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you? Yes. Recently.
13. How long have you been a member of LJ? Over a year and a half now.
14. How often do you post to LJ? Completely irregular
15. What proportion of your posts are friends only? 10%?
16. What is your favourite interest on LJ? Political discussions
17. What is your favourite community on LJ? Bad Poetry, Thought club
18. Have you ever learned anything new on LJ? Facts.
19. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something? Rethink all the time, change very rarely.
20. How often do you respond / comment on other people's journals? Whenever I feel like it. Most days that is.
21. Do you prefer to write in your journal, read other journals, respond to others' entries, or get responses to your entries? Depends on the day.
22. What's the longest you've gone without posting to LJ since the day you signed up? weeks, when I was on the road travelling.
23. What's the longest you've gone without reading LJ since you discovered it? months, same reason as the previous one.
24. What is your favourite post you've ever made to LJ? Some of my travel stories. Some of the more provocative posts got a good discussion going.
25. What is your favourite post you've ever read on LJ? go look in my memories
26. What's the weirdest or funniest thing you've seen on LJ? Some pictures in weird communities. Some stories by friends
27. Have you ever specifically asked a question for people to reply to in your journal? Once in a while
28. Have you ever tried to play the "trace yourself back through friends from a random LJ user" game? Nope. I will now though.
29. Have you ever played the "add a sentence to my post" game? How does that work?
30. Have you ever lied/fibbed in your journal? Never felt the need.
31. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)? I get into discussions when I want to. Sometimes people can't stand arguments though. Once I was refused to comment from someone's LJ, as apparently our points of view were too different for her to want to continue our argument. Whereas I add people to my friendslist for the exact same reason. Vive la difference!
32. Have you ever banned someone from your journal? No. Freedom of speech is high on my list of principles
33. Has LiveJournal had any significant impact on your life? Impact yes. Significant, doubt it.
- Friends -
34. Who are your favourite LJ friend(s) and why? It changes very often. A few have been on my list for a while now. They comment on my LJ on a regular basis, I read their posts with more interest than others. You know who your are. And offcourse there is one LJ at the moment that I read with particular interest.
35. How many of your LJ friends are your friends in "real life"? See question 12 and 34. One that is.
36. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met? See 35
37. Have you ever e-mailed or I.M.'d someone you found on LJ? E-mailed a few, IM'd once or twice.
38. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you? Apart from our genitals, I'd say JellyRose is fairly similar (though much younger)
39. Who is the most intelligent or insightful person you know on LJ? Insomnia? JellyRose?
40. Who is the most fun person you know on LJ? Homeless Man was great. He left though.
41. Who is your least favourite/most annoying LJ user or community? How would I know? I don't spent time on that.
42. How do you usually find new friends on LJ? Through friends comments pages, through communities
43. Why are you most likely to add someone to your friends list? Because their posts are interesting to read.
44. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first? Sometimes.
45. Do you care if someone adds you to his or her friends list if you add him or her first? No.
46. Are there any people's journals (users / friends), communities, interests, or searches you frequent on LiveJournal that you don't or will not list in your user info page? I don't think so
- More than Friends on LJ -
47. Is your "Significant Other" on LJ? See 35
If not, do they know you post on LJ?
48. Other than your S.O., who are you the most attracted to on LJ? I'm not telling
49. Who is the sexiest person you know on LJ? I really wouldn't know.
50. Have you ever fantasized about someone on LJ? have
51. Would you want to know if someone fantasized about you on LJ? It would be fun to know, even more fun not to know.
52. Would you date someone you met on LJ? Why not?
53. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ? At times, though I am doubtfull about it.
54. Have you ever actually met someone from LJ romantically (or otherwise) and hit it off (or not)? No
55. Have you ever posted a naughty picture / post / story on LJ? Nope
- Technical LiveJournal -
56. Do you prefer to post from a Client or the Web Interface? Haven't mastered the Client yet.
57. Do you use HTML to add extras to your entries? Very rare
58. Is your LJ page customized (at all - even from template), template, or default? Template I think.
59. Do you usually use the WinAmp music detector, add your music manually, or none at all? Didn't even know a detector existed. Manually threfore.
60. How well do you know the LJ features and how to use it? Not well at all.
61. What is your favourite LJ feature? friends page
62. What is your least favourite LJ feature (one that you would change or delete if you could)? ???
63. What feature would you most like to see added to LJ? Better search functions
64. What moods would you most like to see added to LJ? Not bothered
65. "One day the directory will work again." How long until you believe until that day will come? I hope I will live to see the day
66. On a scale of 1-100, rate the LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor:
Coolness: Don't care
- Miscellaneous -
67. How many other surveys have you done on LJ? A couple of dozen
68. How does this survey compare to those? A bit more original
69. Do you think this last question was added solely to get to this number or not? Read that one before.